Saturday, August 24, 2013

Back to School Series: Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit~!

Hey Guys

and welcome to my back to school series~!


I decided to start this series with a makeup starter kit to help you guys who either can wear makeup to school now or have decided to start wearing makeup and don't know where to start. All of the products I'm going to be featuring in this post you can get at the drugstore. So with that out of the way, let's get started~!


Face

If you have practically flawless skin, I don't think you really need to wear a ton of makeup on your face. If you want coverage, get a tinted moisturizer or a B.B. Cream. I have two B.B. Cream Reviews you can look at if you're searching for one.

But for everyone else if you want to cover acne, redness, or any other imperfections, these drugstore products are great to try out.

Foundation


For school I don't like to have a heavy feeling face, so I like to keep my makeup light. A great foundation for school I think is Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and I'm in the shade #110 Ivory. It has medium coverage and could be possibly built up to full coverage. It has SPF 20 so you don't have to apply a separate sunscreen. It feels very light on the skin, like you have nothing on your face. 













Concealer

I've already talked about this concealer before in my Top 5 Concealers post. If you want more information about it, read that post. During the school year I'm ALWAYS tired, so I like to have a concealer that covers my dark circles. This concealer by Physicians Formula has a yellow concealer, which cancels out the blue tones in dark circles, and a skin tone concealer, which I use to cover acne. Like the foundation, this concealer also feels light which I prefer for school. 

















Powder

I have combination skin, so I have to set my T-zone with powder. I love Rimmel Stay Matte, but it isn't portable so I can't use it to touch up in school when I look like an shiny mess. A great powder with a mirror and an applicator is the L'Oreal True Match Powder. I'm in the shade N1 Soft Ivory. It has a light coverage with a matte finish and a large shade selection. It's in a durable plastic compact which it great to carry in your bag and you don't have to worry about it cracking.













Blush

I don't think blush is necessary for school and I usually don't wear it. But my favorite drugstore blush is Candid Coral by E.L.F. This blush is from the E.L.F. Studio Line and it's a coral-peachy color with flecks of gold shimmer, which brightens up the face and gives a natural, youthful glow. If I'm wearing a blush to school, I wear this one and it has great pigmentation. 




 













Eyes

Everyone has there own opinion on eye makeup. What one person may like, you could hate. So what I'm saying is what I like, could be completely different than what you like. You don't have to change your look so you match mine. Do whatever you want.

Anyways for school I like very natural eye makeup, so I use neutral shadows that compliment my eye color and shape. If your eyes aren't like mine, you can still use these products. But know that this is what I like and I think works on me.

Eye Lid Primer 

 



This isn't necessary for everyone, but for people with oily eye lids who want their makeup to last a primer will help. This one from E.L.F. is great and it's only a dollar?!?! It conceals veins on your lids too and helps shadows stay on. The one I like is in the shade Sheer cause it blends perfectly into my skin tone.



















Eye Shadow

I have two drugstore eye shadow palettes I think are great for school. One is a duo from Maybelline and it's in the color #65 Dusk. This duo comes with a shell pink and a taupe. The pink has a shiny, opal-like, finish and the taupe has tiny flecks of shimmer, which are barely noticeable. If I'm wearing this, I put the pink on my lids and lightly buff the brown into the crease. These two shadows create a quick and easy natural eye look that is wearable for everyday.

 













The other drugstore eye shadow palette I like is by Revlon and its the Revlon Custom Eyes Kit in the shade #10 Sweet Innocence. This palette comes with five eye shadows; a cool-undertone brown, warm peach, cream, natural violet, and a pale pink. These shadows feel soft to the touch and apply nicely. If I'm wearing this palette I either just put the cream color all over my lid up to the brow bone or I wear the peach on my lid, brown in my crease, and a tiny amount of the purple in my outer V.











Eye Liner

I line my water line and tight line sometimes. For both I use Rimmel Scandaleyes liners. For my water line I use the color #5 Nude. It is a peach liner that cancels out the redness on the waterline, making the eyes look brighter and more awake. I used to line my waterline with a white liner, but I prefer this instead for everyday because it's more natural looking.

For my tight line I use #4 Taupe. It's, as the name states, taupe and I love it because it looks more natural than a dark brown or a black. It helps my lashes look thicker and I've also used this for my waterline too. Both of these liners and well pigmented, creamy, and waterproof so they'll last on your eyes.








Mascara

I like thick, long lashes and The Rocket by Maybelline does that. This is one of my favorite mascaras I've tried and if you build it up, your lashes will look longer and thicker. I have mine in the color Blackest Black, I think. The spiky rubber bristles on the wand get all of my lashes and coats them evenly. However if you're going to build it up, don't wait in between coats or else the mascara will get dry and clump your lashes together.

Lips

 I have two lip products I recommend for school. Of course you could try other shades, but these are ones I feel look natural on me.


You guys should've seen this one coming, I made a whole post about my collection of them. If you haven't read that post, I LOVE MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS~! The shade I recommend for school is #30 Peach Kiss. It's a natural peachy color and it moisturizes the lips. I usually use this as my chap stick in school and because the color is so natural you don't need to look in a mirror to apply it. 











 

Another great lip product are the Revlon Lip Butters. They are super moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as the Baby Lips. I just use these for the color. The shade that looks most natural on me is #25 Peach Parfait. (I now just realized both products I like both have 'Peach' in the name. . . ) It applies smoothly and I like the color and how it looks on my lips. 















And there you have it, my drugstore makeup starter kit. If you guys want a tutorial of me using the products, comment on this post. I hope you guys found this helpful and talk to you guys later xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆