Sunday, September 20, 2015

Nail Art Kit~!

Hey Guys~!

For a while I've been posting a lot of nail art tutorials here on my blog. On these tutorials I receive lots of questions about the tools I use and where I get them. Today I thought I'd share with you guys what I keep in my nail art kit. So let's start~~!

The biggest question I get is where I get my nail art brushes from, the answer may surprise you. I actually used cheap paint brushes from the dollar store. They actually work pretty well, and are inexpensive. Before I use them I make sure to rub them with Vaseline to prevent the nail polish from staining them. After I finish with the nail polish, I like to lightly clean the brushes with nail polish remover and cold water.


Next thing I have in my kit is my really old dotting tool. I got this a really long time ago, but you can find them at any beauty store or drugstore. Mines pretty dirty, but it works alright. If you can't find a dotting tool, toothpicks are the next best thing. Are used toothpicks a lot and they're great for more than just the dots. I've used them to make lines, both straight and squiggly ones.


For gradients I really enjoy using makeup sponges. They're really inexpensive, and super easy to find. I don't have a favorite brand to recommend.


I also have a large range of jewels and stickers. I bought this set of jewels on Amazon, they don't sell this specific one anymore, but there's a huge variety online. For applying jewels, I use a cuticle stick or tweezers. Stickers again most often at the drugstore. They're not my favorite things to use, but they really add a lot to the designs. Like the jewels I use a tweezers to apply them.


So that was everything in my nail art kit. I hope you guys enjoyed this and found it helpful. If you have anymore questions leave them in a comment down below, and I'll try to answer as soon as possible. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
image
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had the patience for nail art hahaha. I just paint mine black 99% of the time and leave it.
    manicpixiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. makeup sponges are so great for creating gradient nails! i don't know how i even managed to do them before i discovered that trick, i think i ended up with 5+ layers of polish on, yikes.
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆