Sunday, September 20, 2015

Nail Art Kit~!

Hey Guys~!

For a while I've been posting a lot of nail art tutorials here on my blog. On these tutorials I receive lots of questions about the tools I use and where I get them. Today I thought I'd share with you guys what I keep in my nail art kit. So let's start~~!

The biggest question I get is where I get my nail art brushes from, the answer may surprise you. I actually used cheap paint brushes from the dollar store. They actually work pretty well, and are inexpensive. Before I use them I make sure to rub them with Vaseline to prevent the nail polish from staining them. After I finish with the nail polish, I like to lightly clean the brushes with nail polish remover and cold water.


Next thing I have in my kit is my really old dotting tool. I got this a really long time ago, but you can find them at any beauty store or drugstore. Mines pretty dirty, but it works alright. If you can't find a dotting tool, toothpicks are the next best thing. Are used toothpicks a lot and they're great for more than just the dots. I've used them to make lines, both straight and squiggly ones.


For gradients I really enjoy using makeup sponges. They're really inexpensive, and super easy to find. I don't have a favorite brand to recommend.


I also have a large range of jewels and stickers. I bought this set of jewels on Amazon, they don't sell this specific one anymore, but there's a huge variety online. For applying jewels, I use a cuticle stick or tweezers. Stickers again most often at the drugstore. They're not my favorite things to use, but they really add a lot to the designs. Like the jewels I use a tweezers to apply them.


So that was everything in my nail art kit. I hope you guys enjoyed this and found it helpful. If you have anymore questions leave them in a comment down below, and I'll try to answer as soon as possible. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss
image
| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had the patience for nail art hahaha. I just paint mine black 99% of the time and leave it.
    manicpixiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. makeup sponges are so great for creating gradient nails! i don't know how i even managed to do them before i discovered that trick, i think i ended up with 5+ layers of polish on, yikes.
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆