Friday, September 11, 2015

Which Anime I Watched in Summer 2015 {Collaboration with Minae}~!

Hey Guys~!

Today I have another anime collaboration with Minae from Minae's Magical Nation. We'll each be sharing five anime we watched this summer. This post will be spoiler free, and each anime will get a mini review. Also not all of these anime are from the 2015 summer season. So let's start~~!

Owari no Seraph / Seraph of the End



Okay, this shouldn't have been a surprise, it's been in two favorites posts this summer. If you missed any of the praise I've given this anime, let me start with the plot. The vampires release a disease all over Japan, killing all the adults. The children that were left were taken into villages where they are forced to give up their blood to the vampires. The main characters, Yuichiro and Mikaela, create a plan for them and their friends to escape, however it goes horribly wrong and only Yuichiro escapes. A few years later, Yuichiro is training to join the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, and through a suspension, ends up in school. There are so many amazing characters in this series, you all know how much I love Shinoa, but honestly there isn't any character I think is pointless, generic, or that I overall dislike. Most vampire anime I've seen I've disliked, for example; Vampire Knight and Rosario + Vampire. This one is very unique in that it's more action focused rather than fan service. If you enjoy vampires, but don't want an anime version of Twilight, this is great for you.

Mirai Nikki / Future Diary



After hearing about this anime for a long time, and being recommended it tons of times, I decided to watch it. The story is about Yukiteru Amano, who is found keeping track of everything in his phone, "diary." One day a god names Deus announces a game to Yukiteru and eleven other players. The game is to find and kill the other diary owners in order to become god. Yuno is a girl in Yukiteru's class, who also has a diary, and vows to protect him in order for him to become god. I am a huge fan of psychological horror anime, and this one is no exception. There are so many twists and turns, your emotions with be all over the place, and you won't know who to trust. My favorite character has to be Uryu Minene, one of the diary owners. She initially doesn't trust anyone, but almost serves as a mentor for Yukiteru. Her character development is interesting to watch, one minute you'll be smiling and the next you just feel bad for her.  I will warn you that there is a good amount of gore and violence in this anime. On Hulu, where I watched it, is the censored version, so if you are interested, but squeamish, you should be fine.

Sword Art Online II



* To be as clear as possible, I only watched the first half of this anime. I tried to watch the second half, but I found it really boring and gave up *

Anyway this is the second season of Sword Art Online, and I liked it significantly more. The first half is about a game called Gun Gale Online, where some of the top players are somehow being killed. Kirito is sent in to investigate the game and there he meets Sinon. I've talked about how much I love Sinon in other anime posts, and honestly, the reason why I love this anime so much is because of Sinon. She struggles with anxiety and panic attacks, and I found her to be handled perfectly. It was written realistically and the acting made it realistic. If you actually like Sword Art, you will enjoy this. And if you're like me, and you didn't like the first season, try the second one out. 

The Fruit of Grisaia



I began this anime at the end of the summer, and I haven't finished it yet. My friend introduced me to this series and I so far really enjoy it. The story is about the students of Mihama Academy, five girls. One day a new student arrives, Kazami Yuiji, and I can't really say anything about him without spoiling the entire story. There are three seasons, I'm on the first one. I will say that there is some overly unnecessary fan service, but for me, the characters outshine the panty shots. Each of the girls have their own back story and personality, and I don't have a distinct favorite yet. I do enjoy this anime, but I can't fully recommend it till I finish it. 

Another



My friend recommended this to me a while ago. Like a year ago. And now I finally watched it.

Another is about a class that is haunted by spirit and until the spirit is gone, the students and families of the students are in danger. If I explain anything else, I may spoil it, and I wouldn't want to for anyone interested. As I said earlier, I enjoy psychological horror. However I found the gore, even though it was censored, to be too much. The death scenes are over the top, which is good for creating a sense of urgency, but I just found them distracting from the plot and the characters. I felt that the story itself didn't matter because the writers and animators clearly spent more time on the death scenes. You knew when they were coming and it personally distracted me. The opening is one of my favorites, but it also doesn't sound like it fits the anime. Overall I thought it was okay, I've seen better and the gore was a bit much for me. 

I hope you all enjoyed today's post~! In the comments below, tell me which anime you have seen this summer / if you have seen any of the anime I talked about, let me know what you thought of them. I just realized this week was a lot of anime posts, and I'm sorry if that doesn't appeal to you. There will be a super cool fashion post coming out sometime next week so stay tuned for that. If you want to check out Minae's post, {click here.} Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss

Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

5 comments:

  1. Wahh your list is so cool! It's filled with so much thriller anime! I've wanted to watch Another for a while but the gorey death scenes have been making me avoid it lmao ^^

    I also found the second half of SAOII quite dull compared to the first half, It was a really sad ending though :'((

    Great post! Have a nice day~ I can't wait to do the next one <3
    Minae ♥ MinaekeiLatest Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend would love this post a lot! You have such a cute blog! :)
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love SAO, it's one of my favourites!!! ^^

    nagareboshi9.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it the first season os SAO, the second not so much
    The Owari no Seraph is on my list to watch
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆