Sunday, January 3, 2016

Recap of 2015 + Goals for 2016~!

Hey Guys~!

Now that 2015 has come and gone, and with 2016 here, I thought I would do a recap of 2015 as well as share my goals or resolutions for 2016. I've been reading a ton of these recently, and I really enjoy them, so why not write my own, right~?! So let's start~~!

image
2015 was a pretty simple year, with some really great moments.  

Anime Boston was definitely the highlight of the entire year. I went with one of my best friends and I got to cosplay Juvia, which almost didn't happen. I stayed up till five in the morning to finish the costume and I am so happy with how it came out. I met so many nice people and had the most amazing weekend ever. 

Over the summer I had tons of amazing opportunities education wise. I studied at Yale for a week and a half and then I was at Harvard for some classes. Both really helped me decide what I want to do with my life. And I'll never get into of either of those school so it was fun being all preppy at an Ivy League.

I started it my senior year, which I honestly can't wait to be done with. My classes are all really tedious, except for Psychology it's a really interesting class, but I can't stand any of my other ones. I finished all of my college applications and am now just waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting. 

image
Now here are my goals for 2016

1.) Cosplay More

This is obvious. I already have my plans for the year, and I will do a post on that soon. I am trying to attend at least two or three conventions. As a preview though, I am planning another Dangan Ronpa cosplay and at least one Mirai Nikki/Future Diary cosplay. If there is an anime/video game you think I should cosplay from, I'd love to hear some suggestions too <33

2.) Go Pescetarian or Vegetarian

I have wanted to do this for a long time. The problem is I live at home still and my parents do all the cooking and groceries shopping. In college I do want to only eat fish, for protein, or cut all meat out of my diet. There will be a post on this coming up, so look out for that. 

3.) Try to Read More Books

With college applications, interviews, and just planning out my future, I've been really busy. I love reading, and I have shelves of books that I haven't started yet. Only on vacation have I been able to sit down and read. I want to be able to set time aside daily and read. I don't have a goal for how many books, but I want to try to read everyday. 

4.) Be Happy

In theory, this should be easy. However a lot of changes in my life will be happening in 2016. It all is kind of overwhelming. I just need to remind myself to stay positive and enjoy every moment. I want to enjoy everything that is going to happen in 2016.

I hope you guys enjoyed today's post~! I love hearing from you guys, so in the comments let me know what your resolutions for 2016 are. Also let me know what kinds of posts you would like to see in the new year. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss


Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | YouTube |

10 comments:

  1. Happy new Year! :)
    Going pesce/vegetarian can be a bit hard at the beginning (make sure you get all your vitamins, iron... and don't forget to get tests done once a year!) but it feels so great!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved psychology when studying too, found it so interesting. I also agree with the reading more in 2016

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post! Happy New Year! I'm following you, follow me too if you want ♥ http://everythinggirlneedstoknow.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plans! I'm looking forward to what cosplays you will do. :3 And I also want to say that I enjoy your convention posts, but it feels like it was forever ago you last did one. xD I'm hopng for more event summaries because I love reading about how cons are in other countries!
    Happy New Year!

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay & Circle Lens Blog ☆
    ☆ Facebook Cosplay Page ☆
    ☆ Ink & Sword Lifestyle Blog ☆
    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Kimono Blog ☆

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going vegetarian is easier than it seems, I still live with my parents and before I took that step I was pretty scared about their reaction and overall thoughts on the subject, but as long as you stick to your own beliefs you will do great *

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! Good luck with all your goals, girl. It's wonderful to go to an Ivy League, isn't it? I will be done with my college this year and looking forward to university already.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals! For me, I'd definitely have to say that I want to read more books too... I barely read! AND I'M AN ENGLISH MAJOR. wat.

    Junniku blog! (What I got for Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great goals for the new year! If you need any advice or suggestions with going Pescetarian or Vegetarian, I'd be happy to help. :) Also really happy to hear that your 2015 was memorable! I hope this one is just as or more so! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking into going vege too! Same with you, its a little hard since i live with my parents and my mother cooks a lot.. but, lets try our best lol x
    Minae ♥ MinaekeiLatest Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆