Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pürminerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Foundation Review~!

Hey Guys~!

In a lot of posts and in my makeup tutorial, I have used or mentioned a powder from the company Pürminerals. At Ulta, where I got it, the lady there told me it was like a cheaper version of the Bareminerals powder foundations, so I decided to give it a try. I've had it for a few months and now have gotten more into wearing it. Therefore I thought it would be great to review it for all of you. So let's start~~!


I really like how this compact looks. It's a matte silver with dark grey dots. The compact itself is made of a sturdy material, so it won't break easily. Inside it has a mirror and then your product. This powder doesn't come with a brush or powder puff, which I assumed it would, but I don't mind.

The shade selection is quite large for a powder foundation. In the line there are eleven different shades offered on the Ulta website, which I was surprised about. The one I have is the lightest shade, which is Porcelain.


I absolutely love the texture of this powder. I've tried other powder foundations in the past, but they either offered no coverage or felt chalky on my skin. This one feels smooth and light, making application easy too.

Another thing I love is that this has SPF 15. I get sunburns really easily, and I haven't gotten one once while wearing this on my face. Since it's summer time, I haven't been into wearing a ton of heavy makeup. So most of the time I just apply this and some mascara and feel great. 

On the Pürminerals websites, this product claims to give you flawless coverage, correct and prevent any imperfections,  brighten the look of dark spots and age spots, and to smooth skin. Some of these claims aren't nessecarry for me, especially the anti-aging properties, so I'll tell you all my results for everything else.

Coverage wise I'd say this powder is very buildable. It can give the 'no makeup' look, but still can create medium coverage. I wouldn't say flawless or full because for me it doesn't cover my dark circles, so I need a concealer there.

I took a picture for me just wearing the powder, not even any concealer under my eyes. It covers up my redness and most of my dark circles under my eyes.

Without eye makeup I look dead -.-"
I'm not entirely sure if this corrects and prevents anything, since I do have a strict skin care routine and I have pretty clear skin. So I can't really say if it does this.

I also can't say if this brightens age and dark spots, mainly cause I don't really have those either.

The smoothing affect of this product is alright. When I wear this, my skin looks and feels great. However it does sometimes extenuate the minimal dry patches I have, which is frustrating for me.

This foundation costs $27.00, which for a high end foundation is quite reasonable. I've never been able to find a good mineral foundation at the drugstore, or any powder that compares to this one. So I'm completely fine spending a fair amount for this.

Packaging: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Shade Selection: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Texture: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Coverage: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Correcting Properties: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Smoothing: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Price: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

As you can see, I really do like this product. Although it's a bit pricey and I don't receive all the benefits it promises, it still does a great job of being a mineral foundation. Like I said, there's not been a drugstore product I've tried that gives the same or even similar results. So if you're looking for a mineral foundation, I'd definitely give this one a try.

I hope you guys all enjoyed my review on the Pürminerals Pressed Mineral Foundation. If you have any questions or have a request for a review, let me know in the comments. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you at my next post.

xo

Alyss 


No comments:

Post a Comment

*:・゚✧Thanks for your comment*:・゚✧

I really enjoy reading all of them. If you link your blog I promise to check it out and if you follow me, I'll follow you back ~☆